- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 12 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup very thinly sliced green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 recipe Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- 1 cup red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Preheat oven to 475°F. In a small bowl combine peanut butter, water, sugar, rice vinegar, and crushed red pepper. Set aside.
In a medium skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until no pink remains. Add green onion and garlic; cook 1 minute more. Turn heat to low; add 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture (set the rest aside). Mix until chicken is coated; remove from heat.
Coat a 12 to 14-inch pizza pan, large cookie sheet or pizza screen with nonstick spray. Roll out Thin Crust Pizza Dough according to dough recipe. Slide onto prepared pan. Spread dough with remaining peanut sauce, adding water if needed to make it of spreading consistency. Top with chicken mixture, red pepper strips, and cheese.
Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust starts to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cilantro. Slice into 8 slices. Serve immediately.
- Servings Per Recipe 8 (1-slice) servings
- Total Fat (g)11,
- Saturated Fat (g)2,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g)2,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1,
- Cholesterol (mg)29,
- Sodium (mg)190,
- Carbohydrate (g)31,
- Total Sugar (g)3,
- Fiber (g)2,
- Protein (g)19,
- Vitamin C (DV%)51,
- Calcium (DV%)8,
- Iron (DV%)14,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet