1/4 cup plain breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 medium onions cut cross ways into 3/16-inch rings
2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a cookie sheet with lite olive oil or other veggie oil.
3. Mix bread crumbs, oregano & cayenne (mix these ingredients on a sheet of wax paper it will make the next step easier).
4. Dip onion rings into the milk and allow the excess to drip back into the bowl.
5. Dip into the crumb mixture.
6. They won't be fully coated, don't worry they will still have a crunch (especially with Panko crumbs).
7. Place onion rings in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
8. Bake onion rings until the crumbs are golden and the onions are soft (approx 30 minutes).
9. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and then serve.